Saturday 11 April 2015

The unexpected talk from him

It was already 1 am.
We just got home after meeting my girls at Rivervalley Spize for supper.
I turned on my phone and told my boyfriend (should I say start calling fiance? Cause whenever I say boyfriend, most of the people will correct me - Fiance.)
mmm.. okay fine. :D

I told him about our Saturday's plan. We have an appointment with one of the bridal boutique at 5pm. (Yes! we are getting married!!).

His replied, "mmm"

mmm, ya seriously, the best answer ever. Like ever. #taylorswift
I was a bit pissed off with his answer. But I kept my mouth shut.

We were sitting on the couch, side by side.
He grabbed me to his arm (melted and forgive him #poachedeggheart) and asked, "What if I switch career?"

I pulled myself from his arm. I looked at him. 
"You sure? Isn't it your dream? How about your goal to be a Sous Chef in 5 years time?"
I was kinda shocked and puzzled. Lost.
What had happened that made him thinking that topic?
Perhaps he was too tired and didn't know what he spoke about.

He pulled me back to his arm again before continued to talk.
"I can't only plan for tomorrow and the day after tomorrow(in my heart, please this saturday also never plan HAAAHAHA). In two years time, we are getting married. Two years after marriage, we plan to have kids." He replied.

"This job is holding me back. The working hours. Shift work. Any special events will be either celebrated in advance or belated." He continued.

I pulled myself from his arm #again. Looking straight to his eyes.
I raised up my eyebrow and said, "I know and I don't mind."
I kinda pissed. I mean, I told him before I don't mind. Shift work, long working hours, and etc. Then why does he bring up this issue again?
-.-

"What if I need more than 5 years to reach Sous Chef position, maybe 8 years?! That's means I will miss 8 chances to celebrate your birthday on the actual day and any other special days. I will have lesser time to spend with the kids and family too. And I feel that the pay wise is not worth the time I spend in the kitchen." He explained.

"I have a passion in cooking. This is my dream. But I must be realistic. Nothing is ever balance in this world. I can't have my dream and at the same time wanting to spend more time with my loved one. I don't mind putting aside this dream for a better future with you. I might stop my career as a chef but that does not mean that I stop to cook. I will still for cook for my family, be the chef in the family." He continued.

*Stunned and speechless

"You don't mind to celebrate any special events in advanced or belated. But I mind. I am selfish that I always wanted to be there for you on any special days. The actual day. I know many people love you. I am not afraid of no one don't love you. But, I always want to be the one love you the most, I want to be the no 1 in your eyes. Darl, time is precious, and so are you."

*Grabbing me back to his arm and hugged me. Feeling so blessed to have him. <3


Ps : I love you darling :)


No comments:

Post a Comment